No doubt that Indian Premier League is one of the most sought after cricket tournaments that entertain us every year. This is year too is going to be no different from the previous years. However, the whole excitement for IPL start right from the time of its auction and IPL 2019 auction is no different in that way. Even before the actual IPL 2019 date and time itself, auction has stirred up the enthusiasm and excitement in the cricket fans and whole of the cricketing world.
This time around too the teams of the league have managed to buy a good amount of players. Here are few of the highlights from the IPL 2019 Auction for you:
- Sam Curran has bagged the title of the costliest overseas player position with Rs.7.2 crores. He was bought by the Kings XI Punjab team for the whooping amount.
- Varun Chakaravarthy and Jaydev Unadkat have turned out to be the most expensive Indian players in the IPL 2019 auction at 8.4 crore rupees each by Kings XI Punjab and Rajasthan Royals respectively.
- One of the biggest shockers came when Yuvraj Singh was unsold for the most part of the auction until Mumbai Indians bagged him in their team for merely his base price.
- A total of 60 players were sold in the recently conducted IPL auction. These players also included 20 overseas players.
- Another high selling players includes Colin Ingram who is from South Africa. He was bought by the Delhi Capitals team for a whopping price of 6.4 crore rupees.
- Carlos Brathwaite was bought by Kolkata Knight Riders for an amount of 5 crores.
- The following players were surprisingly remained unsold:
- Cheteshwar Pujara
- Brendon McCullum
- Chris Woakes
- Shaun Marsh
- Corey Anderson
- Angelo Mathews
Yes the IPL 2019 auction is over but we are looking for the tournament to start aren’t we!?
Read more: IPL 2019 Live Streaming